Plans for unstable & experimental, and autobuilding

Hi,

after a quick discussion with Julien, it seems one way to handle
things for a while would be:
 - unstable: use it only for stuff targeted at squeeze (“of course”
   I'd say).
 - experimental: use it to prepare stuff for XServer 1.9

src:xorg-server && src:xorg should be ready in experimental; most
drivers are as well; missing ones should only be intel, nouveau,
openchrome.
 * intel: waiting for 2.12+shadow to migrate, then move 2.13 to sid,
   and have it migrate, possibly with some fixes.
 * nouveau: new codebase in experimental.
 * openchrome: ditto.

Question is: how do we handle building new versions against XServer
1.7; and how do we build packages for users to test before we ACK or
NACK patches for unstable(→testing)?

I'm currently setting up an autobuilder for amd64 and i386, where one
is going to be able to upload source packages to build (either against
unstable=1.7 or experimental=1.9); suggested branch names in the git
repositories are autobuild-{unstable,experimental}.

Details will follow, I just wanted to explain what that
autobuild-unstable branch in drivers/xserver-xorg-video-vmware.git
was.

Mraw,
KiBi.