ahhh, finally, accelerated 3d works!

I just updated to mesa 7.8.2-2 (from experimental), which seems to have
been the last missing ingredient:  _finally_, for the first time ever,
OpenGL apps seem to be hardware accelerated for me!
(also using 2.6.35 kernel from experimental)

This is with my motherboard's builtin "Radeon HD 3200" GPU, which is
supposedly pretty decent for integrated video, but has always been slow
for 3d apps because they always ended up using software rendering.

[My test for "working" is to run compiz, blender, and meshlab (the
latter two with giant meshes loaded), and notice that everything is
extremely fluid, with no appreciable CPU load.  With software rendering,
they all "work", but are very slow, and almost unusable with large
models.]

yay!

-miles

--
Mayonnaise, n. One of the sauces that serve the French in place of a state
religion.