Re: nouveau feedback

(Strange HTML-only mail, but whatever. :))

Colin Darie <colindarie@gmail.com> (30/03/2010):
> I'm coming with a (great!) feedback for nouveau package.

Indeed, sounds pretty good!

> Boot :                OK
> VT Switch :           OK, but the text *before* the login prompt is not displayed http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4476564506_b340db9ffa_o.jpg

Might be some KMS thingy with the screen being reset or something,
losing previous output.

> Resolution :          OK (1280x800)
> xrandr                Resolutions OK, Invert NOT OK (xrandr -o 2 restart X)

Might be worth looking into. Getting an X/dmesg trace may help.

> Glxgears :            OK but slow (around 650 FPS, I guess it's "normal")

Glxgears is not a benchmark. That said, please keep in mind nouveau is
about 2D for now.

> I noticed if the nvidia proprietary driver is installed, nouveau is
> broken so I think you should build the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
> package with a conflict with the nvidia-glx and/or
> nvidia-kernel-2.6.x.y-z-{arch} packages.

Some documentation should be put in README.Debian for the final
package. Some topics were mentioned here:

> Let me know if I can help in an other way, and congrats for your
> amazing work !

Reporting bugs (like the X restart with a proper trace) once the
package hits experimental would be nice. :)

Thanks!

Mraw,
KiBi.