Re: xorg-server fix for Gamma crashes when screensaver starts

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:23:23 +0100, Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de> wrote:

> The Symptoms for me are that if gnome-screensaver locks the screen
> X reproducibly segfaults.  But if I changed once to another console and
> back (i.e. press Ctrl+Alt+F1, Alt+F7) the problems are gone and
> gnome-screensaver can lock the screen just fine.

I think the issue here is that the 'compat_output' points at something
which doesn't have a crtc associated, and that switching the VT causes
that to be re-computed and set to something which will work.

> So checking for crtc being NULL is right, but AFAICT it shouldn't be
> NULL before the console switch in the first place.

Depends on what compat_output got set to.

Please give it a try.

--
keith.packard@intel.com