compiz ABI break

hey folks,

while reviewing the changes between 0.8.4 and the tip of compiz-0.8, i
found the only problematic change was an ABI bump after 0.8.4 was
tagged.  however, there's also an ABI bump between 0.8.2 and 0.8.4,
so there isn't much of an argument against taking the bump, since
it's essentially no-cost.

Additionally, we have one patch that's been sitting in debian/patches
for some time now that we haven't applied because it *also* breaks the
ABI (ubuntu/010-disable-child-window-clipping.patch).  So we could
get 3 bumps for the price of one.

So, anyway, my first question is how should i handle the bump with
libcompizconfig, which has a dependency on the abi versions?  I see that
compiz has been hacked to provide a compiz-core-abiversion-<foo> style
virtual package.  namely, should i add an explicit depends on -dev
packages >= 0.8.4, or assume that someone will schedule binNMU's if
libcompizconfig happens to get taken first for building before the
new compiz.

My second question is, assuming that we do the third ABI break with the
local unapplied patch, should we modify the ABI version string to make
the point that it's a different ABI from the upstream one?  I don't
think ubuntu is doing this though they're applying the patch... but i'm
not sure if it's intentional or just an oversight.

	sean