Re: drm-snapshot: Changes to 'debian-experimental'

Julien Cristau wrote:

> Hi Chris, some questions about this commit:
>
> > commit 1d9453586fd1712791ac9cae6e1c27cff6815d2a
> > Author: Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org>
> > Date:   Thu Feb 5 00:04:24 2009 +0000
> >
> >     Build new libdrm-nouveau1 and libdrm-nouveau1-dbg packages.
[..]
> Any particular reason for restricting the dependency on -nouveau1 to
> these architectures?  The package itself is arch:any.

Hm. You know, I think I just copied what libdrm-intel1 does, except I added
powerpc as Nouveau works on that arch. I can't actually remember why
libdrm-intel1 was relaxed like that though?

> Do we want to also build it from libdrm for sid, and/or upload the
> nouveau driver to sid and squeeze?

I think we do. I wonder though - in the past I've found that Nouveau is
rather too dependent on having an up-to-date libdrm; I fear we'd have to use
some random (and oldish) git version of Nouveau which kinda misses the point
of throwing it to the masses. What do you think?

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb