Re: KMS and DRI support for radeon

Eric Valette wrote:
Hi,

While successfully testing KMS for radeon with upcoming 2.6.31, I
discovered DRI stopped working when using XBMC.
Looking at the log, I found a message indicating user space was to old.

I tried first to update libdrm from git but this was not sufficient. I
tried then xf86-video-ati but then faced a problem due to upstream
changes xorg-server changes in dri2.h.

As a result I cannot test KMS and still get DRI working. KMS seems to
solve some laptop internal LVDS versus external screen when undocking
problem for me.

Do you plan a drop of a more recent X server git build in experimental
anytime soon? Or shall I try to build it myself using debian patches as
a staring point?

-- eric

You should definitely try to manage this yourself. Given that the release date for stable is rapidly approaching, and we're already rather strapped for manpower on this team, tracking the bleeding edge and still unfinished software (which radeon KMS most definitely is) remains a very low priority for us at the moment. You'll have a much better time working this out for yourself than waiting for us to deal with it. Good luck!

- David Nusinow