Two problems with KMS on Intel graphics

Hello,

Out of interest I tried out KMS for my laptop with an integrated
Intel graphics chipset. lspci reports the following hardware:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub (rev 0c)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

I followed the instructions on http://wiki.debian.org/KernelModesetting
and it is mostly working fine. However, so far I could find the
following two problems:

1) My laptop's native resolution is 1440x900 and KMS sets it
correctly. But the console itself limits itself to around 1024x768
which leads to empty black spaces below and right of the console
text.

2) To set the screen resolution to 96 dpi, I use the following
minimal xorg.conf which works fine without KMS:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Option          "Monitor-LVDS" "Internal Panel"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Internal Panel"
        DisplaySize     381 238
EndSection

With KMS enabled the value seems to be ignored, resulting in bigger
fonts than I like to have. This is the output of xdpyinfo:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1440x900 pixels (331x207 millimeters)
  resolution:    111x110 dots per inch

Are these problems just configuration issues or bugs? Both problems
happen with both the xserver-xorg-video-intel from unstable and
experimental.

Sebastian