Re: status of the 7.4 transition

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 18:55:43 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 14:44 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >
> > - xorg-server has one outstanding serious bug, #508476: when

Actually its current severity is grave, not serious.

> >   xserver-xorg-video-fbdev is installed and you have no xorg.conf, X
> >   FatalErrors for no good reason.  Should this be a blocker?
>
> Probably? It seems quite likely for -fbdev to be installed, and I think
> we're encouraging people to run without xorg.conf?

Seems fair.  I haven't had time to investigate this yet, unfortunately;
I guess I could add the help tag.

> > - any known major issues in other packages?
>
> In xserver-xorg-core, the default value of Option "ExaOptimizeMigration"
> should probably be changed to off. I tried to discuss this with both
> upstream 1.6 maintainers, but the first one mocked me and the second one
> ignored me...

I just pushed a patch for this, thanks for reminding me.  Also added to
the Server16Branch wiki page, in the hope of getting a real decision.

Cheers,
Julien