Re: console-setup + X = broken console

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 10:46:35AM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:

> I've just installed the console-setup because X server depends on it.
> Now, my console is completely unusable. The text does not scroll it just
> runs off the screen.

This doesn't sound as problem of console-setup.  You may want to check
various things such as the value of the $TERM variable, your shell
(maybe it is no longer bash and your prompt is issuing bash-specific
commands), your locale (does the output of the "locale" command
correspond to the CHARMAP="..." setting in /etc/default/console-setup),
the behaviour in X terminal emulators - do xterm and rxvt show the same
odd behaviour as Linux console.

Anton Zinoviev