Re: intel X driver for etch+1/2

On Mon, May  5, 2008 at 17:44:40 +0200, Erik Mouw wrote:

> Two issues over here:
>
> 1) AIGLX doesn't work:
>
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 12
> drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
> (EE) AIGLX error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Invalid argument)
> (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Yeah, this seems broken in all the testing reports so far.  I'm not sure
I'll have time to investigate soon, but this is a bit worrying.

> 2) The intel module completely ignores the Modes line in the Display
> subsection. For example I have:
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Device          "Intel G33"
>         Monitor         "Philips 17B"
>         DefaultDepth    24
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Depth           24
>                 Modes           "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
>                 "640x480"
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> And the driver initialises the screen at 1280x768@60Hz (yuck).

I think this is by design, as the intel driver uses some new code in the
server for the modes stuff.  It should get the native resolution from your
monitor though, but without logs I can't really see what's going wrong.

Thanks for testing!

Cheers,
Julien