Re: xserver-xorg-video-via

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 11:13:45AM +0100, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> from the PTS I see that you are listed as on of the maintainers for
>
> 	xserver-xorg-video-via
>
> Additional you provided far the most uploads of this driver. But
> currently there are some bug reports open, which could be solved quiet
> easily by switching from the previous used unichrome source to the
> source maintained by the openchrome fork. Appearently development of the
> unichrome drivers (unichrome.sf.net) is dead, so what speaks against
> using the drivers from openchrome.org which would probably solve all
> open bugs (and addtional one I did not yet report :-)?
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,
> thanks and best Regards,

Actually, I was just discussing this change with one of the Ubuntu X
maintainers and we agreed that it was probably the right thing to do. I've
given Raphael Geissert, who was maintaining a local package for
-openchrome, access to our git repository to work on this problem for us.
Hopefully we'll see some results from it soon.

 - David Nusinow