Re: [gentoo-server] I search a Gentoo Linux "update system"

Hi Brian

Your work sounds interesting to me.
2 questions so far:
- - Is it also possible to "download" the portage tree and pre-compiled packages, perhaps with modified mirror url in make.conf? I use different networks for the servers, so sharing is not an option.
- - You wrote other features are planned, will you work them out?

Unfortunately I have no perl experience and I haven't got time to contribute with perl. But I would appreciate to see your work. Why not make it public? If I am possible to use your scripts I'd like to give you report and constructive input based on practical experience.

Pat

- --
gentoo-server@lists.gentoo.org mailing list

- --