Re: compiz: Changes to 'upstream-experimental'

* David Nusinow wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:18:06AM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > * David Nusinow wrote:
> > > New branch 'upstream-experimental' available with the following commits:
> >
> > I track the upstream repository directly in upstream-unstable
> > (refs/tags/compiz-0.3.6 from the upstream repository). Do you think it's
> > necessary to have all the autoconf stuff in the upstream-experimental branch?
> > It seems to me to make merging much more difficult, since I'll pretty much
> > only be merging debian into upstream branches and not vice-versa.
>
> How do you do prepare uploads that need to go to unstable when you've also
> got a newer version in experimental?

You're right, upstream-experimental and debian-experimental should be there,
I just "hadn't gotten there yet" =).

I was just commenting about the autoconf stuff in the upstream branches. I'd
like to stick with keeping upstream branches identical to upstream release
tags.

> You're right about the autoconf stuff in the upstream-* branches, that
> shouldn't be there. But I think it's useful to have the upstream version
> that'll be uploaded to experimental in upstream-experimental. Do you want
> me to remove the autogenerated autoconf stuff from the upstream-*
> branch(es)?

No need, I'll take care of it when I upgrade to the next upstream release.

>  - David Nusinow

Thierry