Re: compiz: Changes to 'upstream-experimental'

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:18:06AM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> * David Nusinow wrote:
> > New branch 'upstream-experimental' available with the following commits:
>
> I track the upstream repository directly in upstream-unstable
> (refs/tags/compiz-0.3.6 from the upstream repository). Do you think it's
> necessary to have all the autoconf stuff in the upstream-experimental branch?
> It seems to me to make merging much more difficult, since I'll pretty much
> only be merging debian into upstream branches and not vice-versa.

How do you do prepare uploads that need to go to unstable when you've also
got a newer version in experimental? You're right about the autoconf stuff
in the upstream-* branches, that shouldn't be there. But I think it's
useful to have the upstream version that'll be uploaded to experimental in
upstream-experimental. Do you want me to remove the autogenerated autoconf
stuff from the upstream-* branch(es)?

 - David Nusinow