Re: sid xserver-xorg-video-savage problem?

On Nov 14, 2007 12:17 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > On a Toshiba satellite 2800-S202 I've been running under debian
> > unstable for quiet a while, however Today I performed an "aptitude
> > safe-upgrade", and I got a new version of xserver-xorg-video-savage.
> > This was a bad update...  Actually I'm writing from a different
> > computer, since using X is way hard on the Toshiba as of now.
> > [...]
> > So pretty much my X is useless at this point.  I wanted to know if
> > there's a way to revert back to previous version, which I don't even
> > remember which was it....  As of now, the version I have after the
> > upgrade, according to aptitude, is:
> >
> > 1:2.1.3-4
> >

> Can you try installing 1:2.1.3-3 without changing any other package?
> It is available from
> http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2007/09/17/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-savage/
>
> Brice

Yeap, that did the trick, after reverting back to 1:2.1.3-3 I got X
running as it was before, with no problems...  Somehow 1:2.1.3-4 is
crashed, at least for this savage card under this Toshiba laptop...

So what's next?

BTW, I'll have to see how to prevent this package update on aptitude,
so if someone can enlighten me that'd be great....

Thanks,

--
Javier