Re: Prefer nvidia over nv when available

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:30:26PM +0200, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to instruct the script(s) that generate the xorg.conf
> file at installation time to prefer nvidia over nv when the first is
> available? (and possibly to mark the proper packages for installation
> when not already installed).

Not currently but it is definitely something I'm planning to do. Since I'm
going to scrap that section of the debconfage soon, adding the feature
there is pretty useless. The solution we currently have is a temporary one
due to changes upstream, but I'll be implementing things upstream over the
next few weeks, and I'll follow it up with this sort of feature so that
nvidia can override nv by default when they're both installed (if the
nvidia developers decide that's what they want anyway).

 - David Nusinow