Re: xserver 1.4

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 11:31:06PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 07:18:41PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've built xserver 1.4, a few drivers (the ones I use) and the xorg
> > package, and put them up on alioth.
> > For testing, adding:
> > deb http://pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org/debian ./
> > in sources.list should be enough.
> > Anyone on the team is welcome to add more drivers/architectures there
> > (there's only mouse/kbd/evdev/intel for i386 right now).
> > Feedback on this list is also encouraged :)
>
> I've just finished putting up all the drivers I'd already updated with pci
> ID's, plus vesa and vga. I've also uploaded them to experimental so we can
> just go ahead and upload the server there whenever. As far as I'm
> concerned, we can do that now. I've got a few more drivers that I added PCI
> ID's for while I was away on VAC that I'll fix and upload for 1.4 tomorrow
> night, and then I'll push ahead and finish up the other video drivers over
> the rest of the week.
>
> I'd like to spend some more time on discover-killing after that, so if
> someone else wants to do the input drivers, that'd be helpful, but I'm
> willing to do it if no one has time.

Ok, the video drivers and PCI ID's are finally done and uploaded to
experimental. I'll start ripping out discover bits soonish, but as far as
I'm concnerned we can just rebuild everything for unstable and upload now.
Whoever gets to it first should just go for it. I probably won't have time
until Sunday, but I'd be happy to get it done then.

 - David Nusinow