Re: Debian Menu transition

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 03:09:50PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Jul  4, 2007 at 18:45:23 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > REMOVED SECTIONS
> >
> > Apps/Tools
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out where most of the apps from xbase-clients
> should go in the new menu structure, since they all used to be in
> Apps/Tools, and I don't see anything obvious.  I suppose xeyes could go
> in some subsection of Games like Games/Toys, but what about xev, xrandr,
> xkill & co?

Hello Julien,

I could not find any menu file for xbase-clients.

xrandr is not interactive so do not need a menu entry.

xev is a test tool so maybe there is no need for a menu entry.
If you add one, maybe put it in System/Monitoring, with something
like "x-terminal-emulator -e xev" so that xev output is displayed.

xkill is a bit dangerous to be in the menu: you might kill the
window-manager by clicking on the menu decoration by mistake. It would
belong to System/Administration I think.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.