Re: [RFC] Splitting/reorganizing xbase-clients & xutils

Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> Finally, here are the leftover bits from xbase-clients and xutils not
> found from Fedora:
>
> # xbase-clients
> beforelight
> bitmap
> ico
> xcalc (xbase-apps?)
> xdbedizzy
> xditview (xbase-apps?)
> xedit (xbase-apps?)
> xf86dga
> xgc
> xman (xbase-apps?)
> xmore (xbase-apps?)

Note that ico, xcalc, xdbedizzy, xditview, xedit, xgc, xman, xmore might
be dropped by upstream in the future
(see http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-April/023355.html)

Are you planning to split the binary package only or also the source?

Regarding what Fedora does, I don't see why we would have to split into
so many packages. Moving xauth in its own package seems important.
Splitting all tiny client from server utilities too. However, for
instance, I don't see why appres/editres/listres/viewres would need to
be in their own xbase-resutils, they could stay with xrdb or something
like that. Also the difference between xfonts-utils and xfs programs
does not look easy to understand.

my 2 cents...

Brice