Re: packages that need an epoch in Ubuntu

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, David Nusinow wrote:

Hi Timo,

Hi David,

That's fine by me, please send us patches to the list.

Great, I'll send them later!

Does this mean that Ubuntu has an actual X maintainance team now? Who's on
this team aside from yourself? Also, would you please start sending us bug
reports for the patches you make to Xorg that you think are of use to
Debian? Dealing with the automated patch system is a pain, and I'd much
rather have some contact with real humans working on Ubuntu again.

There is a team, members can be seen here: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat

but as you know, no one is dedicated working on X at the moment.

As for patches, there probably are some for the drivers, I need to check. Mesa/xorg-server has been covered on this list already (I've dropped those that were pointed as broken or otherwise not needed), libx11 has some that you can see here (diff against the libx11 in experimental, patches from the previous version, note that 103 is left for reference):

http://users.tkk.fi/~tjaalton/xorg72/new/libx11.diff

Also, I don't know if you guys have plans to move to git like your kernel
team is doing, but if you do please let us know about it so we can monitor
your repositories more easily.

That would make sense. I'll ask.