Re: xbase-clients split in the works?

* David Nusinow <dnusinow@speakeasy.net> [070210 16:34]:
> I rejected the Ubuntu method of having every single app split out in to its
> own package because, to be honest, that's insane and creates archive bloat
> and more work for our ftpmasters who are already overloaded with more
> important requests. xprop and xinit, for example, do not need their own
> packages, although things like xcalc and xedit could definitely be split
> off in to a non-necessary apps package.

As all those programs are quite small, I'd rather suggest to look at
dependencies for neecessary programs than looking at non-necessary apps.
Having an xcalc noone uses is no big harm and people not using it will
be affected more by the larger Packages files to download. xauth on the
other hand is often needed on small systems (so that X tunneling over
ssh works) and having to install a package depending on such things like
libfontconfig and all X libraries possible for something that should
only need libxau is quite a hassle.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link