Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r3772 - in branches/experimental/mesa: . configs debian

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 12:39:44PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 06:53 +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps I should explain what I'm trying to do here: with David's permission,
> > I've started working on a new (saner) build-system for Mesa and put it into
> > the XSF repository. The main goal is to keep the changes to upstream as small
> > as possible while at the same time trying to get rid of some of the cruft
> > that's been gathering in the package.
> >
> > So far there's not much to look at. I haven't reimplemented all of the old
> > functionality yet, but I will have to get back to that after some sleep.
> >
> > If anyone thinks this is a very bad idea, then please object.
>
> I think it's a good idea, just be prepared for the wrath of Marcelo when
> he resurfaces. ;)

Well, it's not a hijack yet, I hope. We can see what Thierry does, and if
he still wants to maintain it before actually doing any uploads with this
work. At that point, we can contact Marcelo and see what he thinks. As it
stands, I don't think anyone but Marcelo really wants to deal with the
packaging in its current state, and since it's clear that we want someone
more active than him maintaining mesa, I'll support Thierry if he decides
to go through with this. I hope we can all come to a happy ending here
though.

 - David Nusinow