Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r3772 - in branches/experimental/mesa: . configs debian

* X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Author: beatle
> Date: 2006-10-14 00:33:41 -0400 (Sat, 14 Oct 2006)
> New Revision: 3772
>
> Added:
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-alpha
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-amd64
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-common
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri-common
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri-i386
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-i386
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-powerpc
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-ppc64
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-sparc
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/changelog
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/compat
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/control
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/copyright
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-dev.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-dri.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-glx.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-swx11-dbg.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libgl1-mesa-swx11.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libglu1-mesa-dev.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libglu1-mesa.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libosmesa6-dev.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/libosmesa6.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/mesa-common-dev.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/mesa-swx11-source.install
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/rules
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/watch
> Log:
> Initial version of a new build system for Mesa.
[...]

Perhaps I should explain what I'm trying to do here: with David's permission,
I've started working on a new (saner) build-system for Mesa and put it into
the XSF repository. The main goal is to keep the changes to upstream as small
as possible while at the same time trying to get rid of some of the cruft
that's been gathering in the package.

So far there's not much to look at. I haven't reimplemented all of the old
functionality yet, but I will have to get back to that after some sleep.

If anyone thinks this is a very bad idea, then please object.

 - Thierry