Re: Processed: Reassigning xserver-xfree86 bugs

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:05:10AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Hi Nathanael,
>

> first of all, let me say that I really appreciate your willingness to do
> bug triaging.
>
> However, I'm still not convinced that blindly reassigning old bugs to
> the modular packages is a good approach, mainly because there's a good
> chance that they've been fixed upstream and because it removes their
> association with the old packages which are now gone in sid and testing
> but which are still in stable and most likely still affected by them.
>
> The other XSF folks may not agree on this, but at any rate I think at
> least a set of clear rules on how to handle this would be good.

Yes, rules are helpful ;)
Nathanael's triage seems the best approach to me, because it is easier
to work on bugs when they are not mixed with unrelated stuff.  But my
situation is pretty trivial because I am only interested in XKB stuff,
so the transition only meant to reassign all xlibs bugs to xkb-data,
this is of course different from the situation here.
Moreover old packages can be easily found in bug history, and maybe
usertags could provide a view of bugs as they appeared before they
were reassigned?

Denis