Re: upstream sources in long description [Was: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r4095 - trunk/lib/libxcomposite/debian]

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 12:49:50PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> > +  * Update location of upstream repository from CVS to git in the long
> > +    descriptions.
>
> I'm thinking it would be appropriate to remove these locations from the
> long descriptions altogether.  They can be kept up to date in the
> Debian copyright files, of course.
>
> What do others think?

I agree, although it might be nice to put in a line like "The X.org
homepages are at http://www.x.org and http://www.freedesktop.org";. I always
personally appreciate such things in the package description when I want to
know more.

 - David Nusinow