Re: Can I move xresprobe packaging to git.d.o?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:10:20PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> David Nusinow <dnusinow@speakeasy.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 09:18:25PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I would like to ask if I have permission to move xresprobe to git.d.o?
> >> I think will be easier to manage the updates from upstream doing
> >> that. Another option is move it to bzr.d.o since upstream uses bzr.
> >>
> >> Any hint?
> >
> > That'd be great! git.debian.org would be best for us, since all the rest of
> > the X packages are on their way there. If you want to put it in the
> > pkg-xorg project, that'd be great. Just send me your alioth login and I'll
> > add you to the project.
>
> My user account is: otavio
>
> Great. As soon as you add me I'll upload a repository there.

Done, you're added.

> Do you have any suggested layout to follow?

Well, currently we're following upstream (freedesktop.org) convention, but
since xresprobe isn't from there I'd put it in an app subdir. The compiz
repo that's already up should also be in the app subdir, but we'll worry
about that later. If you could put xresprobe right in to an app dir, that'd
be perfect.

If you want, enabling the "update" hook to email debian-x when updates are
made would be great too. The doc-hackers.git repo has a document on
creating a shared repo that can tell you how to do this, if you don't know.

 - David Nusinow