Re: video driver via cn700

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 11:56:51AM +0100, robvos wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> Because you are a co- maintainer for the via video driver I think
> you are the person to ask questions regarding via video driver.
>
> I have an project with mobo via including CN70\\0 chip and there
> is no suitable real driver for it. I have a contact with via and they
> have a problem with x-org ( they say ).
>
> My questions are:
> Are there problems with via, if yes what for problems.
> Do you also have contact with via or do you want to have contact?
> Is there an fast and easy way to make a driver for the CN70\\0 chip.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rob Vos

_They_ have a problem with x.org?

Or do we all have a problem with _them_?

I'd be very interested to learn who at VIA is making such claims, as it
is my understanding that some people at VIA know very well who should be
talked to. It is what they are talking about that's usually not very
acceptable.

Luc Verhaegen.

(Yes, this is grossly late, but i just found a whole lot of mails not
being shifted through properly).