re: ITA/ITP compiz

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 15:25 -0700, David Nusinow wrote:

> 2) I saw the massive list of patches to get AIGLX
> running with the 7.1 server. How many of those touch
> codepaths that are run even when AIGLX is disabled?

None of the patches identified to be essential by Thierry do. The only
problematic patch left is 26_offscreen-pixmaps.diff, which breaks AIGLX
with EXA. If nobody fixes that, users of AIGLX with XAA will need Option
"XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps".

> I'm going to disable AIGLX by default, per Michel's
> recommendation, [...]

Actually, 23_aiglx-happy-vt-switch.diff fixes one of the major issues
with AIGLX, so with this applied I think we could leave it enabled by
default and see if we get any bug reports that would require disabling
it.