Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Request For Permission To Upload Xorg 7.1 To Unstable
- From: Drew Parsons <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:36:01 +1000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * Tighten dependencies between X11R7.1 server and video drivers.
> xserver-xorg-core no longer Depends: xserver-xorg-video-all | xserver-xorg-$ but instead Conflicts: xserver-xorg-video. The dependency on
> xserver-xorg-video-all | xserver-xorg-video-1.0 is managed by the
> xserver-xorg binary package (not included here to avoid circular
> * Likewise remove Depends: xserver-xorg-input-all |
> xserver-xorg-input (again, handled by xserver-xorg) to avoid
> circular dependency with drivers.
I think I've got this sorted in svn now:
* all video drivers currently in experimental changed to Provides: xserver-xorg-video-1.0
instead of Provides: xserver-xorg-video
* xserver-xorg binary package changed to Depends: xserver-xorg-video-all | xserver-xorg-video-1.0
* xserver-xorg-core Depends: xserver-xorg-video-all | xserver-xorg-video is removed.
It now Conflicts: xserver-xorg-video.
* For good measure Depends: xserver-xorg-input-all | xserver-xorg-input is also removed from xserver-xorg-core.
The removal of these Dependses is for the purpose of avoiding circular dependencies with the drivers.
There are a handful of video drivers in unstable only, not experimental, which I did not touch.