Re: svn management, git, etc

Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> writes:

> Here are some things that annoy me:

>   * Flood of SVN commits to debian-x.
>     I can use a procmail rule to filter them, but I often browse web
>     archives.  See for instance current archive:
>       http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2006/08/threads.html
>     Dak messages are also annoying, but there is not much we can do
>     if we want the Maintainer field to be debian-x.  IMO commit messages
>     could be sent to another list, maybe at teams.debian.net?

The pkg-perl group uses separate addresses for the maintainer, the
discussion list, and the CVS commit list.  I think I like that setup a bit
better.  The package maintainer list gets all the bugs and therefore much
of the discussion, but that way there's a separate list for coordination
on major things.