RFE: qa helper task - track upstream versions

I've got a request of a nice task for anyone interested to implement.

The state of all the XSF packages is summarised at
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-x@lists.debian.org

You can readily see which versions we currently have, in stable,
unstable, experimental.

It would be nice to be able to easily with a glance compare our latest
versions to upstream's latest versions, found at
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/

The qa page does in fact have this facility.  There are columns somewhat
to the right under the heading "Watch".  As I understand it, there is
some hook that can be set up somewhere, somehow, to parse the data at
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/ and determine what the
latest upstream version and add a blink tag if we don't yet have it.

It would be a really really nice service if someone could figure out how
to set up the hooks and get the Watch columns doing something useful for
us.  I'll even throw in a free beer if you can find me in Real Life :)

Drew

i was joking about the blink tag