Re: 7.1 protos up-to-date in experimental - ready for unstable?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:37:20PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Debian does not contain a x11proto package for  xf86rushproto,
> applewmproto, or  windowswmproto, the latter for obvious reasons.  I
> gather we don't need xf86rushproto?
>
> If we're happy to live without xf86rushproto, then can we now bring the
> outstanding experimental proto packages across to unstable?  This is the
> necessary precursor required before we can bring experimental 7.1 libs
> to unstable, which in turn are needed before we can update xserver.

Nope, we don't need any of those three.  AppleWM is only required on
Darwin, WindowsWM on Windows, and the whole XF86Rush extension has been
deprecated because it was complete crack.  libxxf86rush should similarly
disappear, if someone took the initiative to package it (it was never in
Ubuntu).

> p.s. in case you're wondering why I'm in such a rush to get 7.1 from
> experimental to unstable, some serious improvements have been made in
> drivers (especially i810) which I'd like to see as soon as possible. I'm
> sick of my video card crashing all the time :)

You know you can build the new i810 driver against the old xorg-server?
Modularisation, man!