Re: FTBFS imake

Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi> writes:

> I've built xtel on two different unstable machines successfully, though
> Fabio can't on his unstable machine.  His machine is up to date. Why
> does his fail and mine doesn't? What's at fault here?

Because xutils-dev doesn't *pre*-depend on x11-common (>= 1:7.0.0),
it's entirely possible that it wound up misinstalled on his system.
To wit, dpkg may have unpacked xutils-dev with /usr/lib/X11 still a
symlink to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11, inadvertently stranding imake's
database there.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.