Re: Fixes for build failures on sparc

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, Frans Pop wrote:

On Sunday 02 July 2006 06:40, Jurij Smakov wrote:
xorg-xserver 1.0.2-8.1 failed to build on sparc buildd because neither
the new kernel, nor the updated version of linux-kernel-headers does
not include the asm/kbio.h header file anymore. This file is included
in a couple of places on sparc only, and it looks like it's not really
neccessary. I've tried rebuilding the packages without including this
header in two locations (see attached patch), and it built fine and
works without any noticeable effects. The code in question is only
relevant for sparc (protected by ifdefs), please apply.

Hmm. Did you test it on a 2.4 kernel as well?

/me also wonders why this patch is not filed as a bug report

It was discovered only yesterday, and after discussing it with David on IRC, we agreed that I'll just post the patch to the list.

I've further checked today that removing this include file shouldn't affect anything. There are only some sparc-specific ioctl definitions in there and all the cases where these ioctls are used are protected by ifdefs. So it does not really matter which kernel it is running under.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org