Re: Where is xserver-xorg-video-sunffb?

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:24:06AM -0400, R. Scott Bailey wrote:
>    I've hunted around in Google, and packages.debian.org, and
>    packages.qa.debian.org, and can find nothing at all about this package. I
>    believe it should exist since I see a dependency for it from the
>    xserver-xorg-video-all metapackage. Too bad for me that all the rest of
>    the xorg stuff updated onto my Ultra 60 with an Elite 3D card and now
>    refuses to run because of the missing sunffb module. :-(
>
>    Is there anywhere at all I can hunt down this module, or should I be
>    learning how to compile it from source myself?

Waiting for a maintainer. I don't have a sparc and because it makes no
sense to build the driver on any of the machines I own, it hasn't been
built. I'm actually surprised that this is the first time anyone has asked
after it. The package is sitting in svn, you should be able to pull it by
using the following command:

 svn checkout svn://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xorg-x11/trunk/driver/xf86-video-sunffb-X11R7.0-1.0.1.3/

I can't guarantee it builds properly, but feel free to go for it. On that
note, if you or someone else is interested in maintaing it for Debian, I'd
be happy to facilitate the effort.

 - David Nusinow