Re: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics [was Re: Comments regarding xfree86-driver-synaptics_0.14.4-2_i386.changes]

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 09:59:57PM +0100, Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> > ---- lintian check for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics_0.14.4-2_i386.deb ----
> > E: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics: unstripped-binary-or-object ./usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
> >
> > This is experimental, so I'm accepting it anyway, but please ensure you fix
> > this before you upload to unstable :).
>
> Oh, nooo... :)
> Actually  it's unstripped on purpose, stripping that object will wipe
> also needed symbols (synapticsModuleData is needed to load the driver).

shame on me... first of all the lintian error is only due to my local
modifications to build synaptics_drv.so instead of synaptics_drv.o.
Second I just need to build the driver as a shared library, so issue
solved.
Uploading -3 in a while.

Sorry for the noise. Doh
--