xserver-xorg-input-synaptics [was Re: Comments regarding xfree86-driver-synaptics_0.14.4-2_i386.changes]

Hello,

xserver-xorg-input-synaptics has just been approved in experimental
(sorry, it took me longer than I expected to upload it...)

But:

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:18:39AM -0800, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ---- lintian check for xserver-xorg-input-synaptics_0.14.4-2_i386.deb ----
> E: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics: unstripped-binary-or-object ./usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
>
> This is experimental, so I'm accepting it anyway, but please ensure you fix
> this before you upload to unstable :).

Oh, nooo... :)
Actually  it's unstripped on purpose, stripping that object will wipe
also needed symbols (synapticsModuleData is needed to load the driver).

I reported the issue here[1] first but is seems something has changed:
all xorg modules are stripped now.
Does any of the XFS people help understanding the issue? Should external
modules be stripped or are *ModuleData symbols still needed?
Does anybody has a better understanding of X driver loading to put some
light here?

Thanks a lot

[1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/02/msg00016.html

--