Re: The tangled libgl-dev web

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:14:32PM -0500, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Thoughts?  I suggest that either x-window-system-core Depend upon
> "xlibmesa-dri | libgl1-mesa-dri", or else that libgl1-mesa-dev NOT
> Depend upon libgl1-mesa-dri (just as xlibmesa-gl-dev does NOT Depend
> upon xlibmesa-dri).

Yeah, this is a known bug I kept forgetting to fix completely by accident.
Fortunately, the 7.0 packages don't suffer from this problem as their
xlibmesa* packages are all just empty transitional packages. Those will be
uploaded in due time (like within a week if all goes according to my
nefarious plans) so this should cease to be an issue.

> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to this list.  Let me know if you'd
> like me to submit this as a formal bug.  (against which package?)

Done, and please don't submit it. It's already there and, as I said,
essentially obsolete.

> P.S. For more fun, if I have libgl1-mesa-dev (and therefore
> mesa-common-dev) installed, and then try to reinstall xlibmesa-gl-dev,
> the following happens:

Yeah, Erinn Clark wanted to gut me for that one, but again, since the
packages are going away it's a non-issue.

 - David Nusinow