Re: X kills my powerbook

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 10:55 +0100, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:48:26AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > The patch is included in xserver-xorg-video-ati SVN but hasn't been
> > uploaded to experimental yet. Ironically, it's incorrectly called
> > 'ppc_fix.diff'.
>
> Xorg has switched to SVN? I have the CVS repository but I
> never heard of a subversion one.

X.Org is still mostly using CVS, I was referring to the Debian X Strike
Force SVN repository:

http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/svn/xorg-x11/branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati-X11R7.0-6.5.7.3/debian/patches/02_ppc_fix.diff

> Besides that Ben claimed that he had checked in patches to
> Xorg's CVS tree IIRC.

Yes, the above was taken from xf86-video-ati CVS.

> > First we need to verify that it fixes the issues with newer PowerBooks,
> > then we can worry about backporting.
>
> Trying to compile Xorg's CVS right now, will let you know
> if I succeed for the first time in my life ;-)

Are you following a guide such as
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide ? If you still
fail, maybe someone can provide you with a test binary.