On modular packaging

The following issues require discussion IMO:

1. libxaw
a) Dropping libxaw8 (which seems like a common consensus).

The following packages currently build-depend on libxaw8-dev:
    aewm crossfire eli gnushogi italc nas playmidi ppxp seyon
    timidity xbill xconq xruskb xsysinfo xterm

Seems none of them really needs libxaw8 and can be rebuilt with libxaw7.

The following packages currently build-depend on libxaw8-dev | libxaw7-dev:
    gxine kinput2 tetex-bin

b) Dropping libxaw6.

The following packages currently build-depend on libxaw6-dev:
    gkrelldnet pload snake4 xkbsel

All of them can be rebuilt with libxaw7-dev.

The following packages currently build-depend on libxaw6-dev |
libxaw7-dev:
    cthugha

The following packages currently build-depend on libxaw7-dev |
libxaw6-dev:
    gpsd tome

2. libx11
In current svn and ubuntu packages all locale data is placed into
libx11-6. That should be separated to libx11-data IMO.
Also I suggest moving locale data to /etc/X11/locale (see #236252 for
reasoning).

3. fonts
Upstream currently installs fonts into ${libdir}/X11/fonts and they end
up in /usr/lib. But fonts are arch-independent. So /usr/share should be
correct place for them. My proposal will be
/usr/share/fonts/{X11,type1,ttf,whatever}

4. manpages
Upstream configures .Nx extension for linux and .N for everything
else. As we also have non-linux arches, we probably will have to change
that in any case for consistency. But I don't have an idea which way.