wacom driver

Hi all,
   I'm thinking that we should drop
general/000_stolen_from_linuxwacom_wacom_driver.diff all together. I've
looked at the new upstream release (0.7.2) and it's vastly different than
what we're currently shipping. The driver is currently at a point where it
deserves its own package, like the synaptics driver. The FTBFS's on mips
and mipsel are due to symbol issues with this driver and we're getting bug
reports about it causing serious issues for this reason. I think my hack
job on updating it to 6.8 failed miserably. So rather than write the
Imakefile necessary to build 0.7.2 in-tree, I'd rather remove it and
resolve the bugs by using upstream's build system. We're going to be
shipping the driver externally for 7.0 anyway, so this will mainly be a
head-start on that.

   The major issues are that people who need this driver may not be
satisfied with the one that comes with Xorg. We may have to hack together a
package for them. Another major issue is that the driver appears to require
the Xorg sources to build, which means that the driver package would have
to temporarily patch the necessary sources in to its tree (how problematic
this is, I don't know). If someone actually owns one of these touchpads and
would like to take responsibility for this driver, I'd love to give it
away. I can't personally handle it, lacking the hardware, but I'd be happy
to facilitate anyone.

   Thoughts?

  - David Nusinow