Re: please provide a Debian XTerm be compiled with --enable-256-color

David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:

> Fantastic! Let's target this for -6 then. In the meantime, is there any
> disadvantage to compiling the default xterm with 256 color support? What
> sort of increased memory requirements and is there anything else we're not
> aware of?

If it's compiled for 88- or 256-colors, that adds one byte per cell.
For xterm (not uxterm), that increases the scrollback storage by 25%.
uxterm stores 5 more bytes per cell, so that increases storage by 9%.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net