Re: please provide a Debian XTerm be compiled with --enable-256-color

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 01:01:01PM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> 	Not only planning, I already have a semi-clean xterm tree and I need to set
> up proper options for configure and check that every thing we shipped with
> X.Org is going to be shipped with latest xterm. After that, it will be time
> for xterm-256 or whatever.
>
> 	I do not expect to spend a lot of additional time in xterm, it seems an easy
> target.
>
> 	I will have to contact Branden to open a new repository in necrotic.

Fantastic! Let's target this for -6 then. In the meantime, is there any
disadvantage to compiling the default xterm with 256 color support? What
sort of increased memory requirements and is there anything else we're not
aware of?

 - David Nusinow