Re: Patch 000_stolen_from_HEAD_i810

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 12:20:01AM +0200, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
>   I made my own HEAD grabbing of the i810 driver to have a working
>   i82915G (included in Dell GX280 as integrated card). I replaced the
>   whole 000_stolen_from_HEAD_i810 patch with sources from HEAD, but
>   since I did not check the history of all patches (including checking
>   at which point from HEAD the driver was stolen), I am not sure I did
>   not introduce some not really clean code (ie Debian considers the code
>   unclean, but it remains in Xorg). I also had to make some
>   modifications that do not reside in the i810 directory.
>
>   Is this list interested in my patch? I can clean it up a bit and send
>   it. Please note that I am a reader of this list, even tough not a
>   large contributor.

Yes.  But first:
	* back out the DRIINFO change, or #define them yourself;
	* back out the InstallVideoObjectModule change;
	* don't replace the whole patch, only the
	  programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i810 component, unless you
	  want to backport all the DRI stuff yourself.

What other modifications did you have to make?

Cheers,
Daniel