Re: [RFC] Synaptics Touchpad driver for xorg

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 01:59:48PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >Why not dropping the "f86" part at all?
> I believe this is because the drivers use the "xfree86 DDX", or something like
> that.  (Because they don't work with the xnest, darwin, vfb, dmx, cygwin,
> kdrive, etc. versions of the X server.)  They are located in
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86, even in the x.org server.

I see, This makes a good enough point :) But I'm now wondering if it's
still worth changing the name, my first intent is to make clear that
the new package is not an xfree86 only driver as the name suggests.
I'd probably need to think a little more on the issue.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments, you gave me some good
points to think about.
--
mattia
:wq!