xdm 6.8.2.dfsg.1-0pre1v1

I've installed the xorg packages that David Nusinow posted, and
everything seems to work fine, apart from xdm.

It starts the server, which promptly, judging by xdm.log, resets again
and again. I guess the login process is failing. However, unstable's
xdm works fine with the xorg packages.

Here's what's in the xdm.log:

Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo, removing from list!
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  14 (X_GetGeometry)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  42
(EE) RADEON(0): Static buffer allocation failed.  Disabling DRI.
(EE) RADEON(0): At least 22500 kB of video memory needed at this resolution and
depth.
Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo, removing from list!
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  14 (X_GetGeometry)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  42

And so on until I kill xdm.

--
Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood