Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r168 - trunk/debian

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:51:33PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> +* Figure out what to do with the straggler headers and libraries in
> +  xlibs-static-{dev,pic}.  Splitting stuff out of this without making it a
> +  dummy package is bad as it forces false dependencies for the sake of
> +  upgradability (acceptable in a dummy package, but not otherwise).  Also, some
> +  headers may be present that don't correspond to any of the static objects
> +  shipped.

All of these I've seen have not been required in any external users, so
I'm just waiting until I get to modularise each part (e.g.
xf86bigfont.h, which I only did while I was doing libX11, because it
needed it).  For the time being, just not shipping these is acceptable,
largely because no-one actually notices.