Re: XSF plans for Xprt in x11-xorg?

David writ:

> It's up to you what to do with the monolithic tree, and for the modular
> tree I had assumed that xprint would be split off in to its own module like
> everything else, which you would then maintain. How's all this sound?

Yes, my basic assumption has been the same, that the xprint source
would be separate, in which case I can continue maintaining it as I am
now.

The trick is only in what upstream means by a "unified video+print
server". If that is the direction X.org will ultimately take us then I
imagine modularising the video from the print server wouldn't really work.

I think we can deal with that later if we need to.  For now it's
probably sufficient to assume Xprint will be modularised separately
from xserver, so I can continue providing xprint, while x11-xorg can go
on with not providing it.

Drew

--
please CC: me in any replies.