XSF plans for Xprt in x11-xorg?

Hi XSF,

now that you're working on getting x11-xorg into unstable, I'd like to
check in with you what your plans for xprt are.

I notice in svn you've still got xprt marked for build in x11-xorg,
whereas we had it removed from xfree86.

Will you want to do the same for now, removing it from x11-xorg?

If you do want to build it, I suggest renaming it to xprint-xorg.  I've
named my version "xprint".  I think it reads better than "xprt", and
makes better sense of the /etc/init.d/xprint file.

Can I also take this opportunity to remind you to update the Depends:
reference in x-window-system (bug #300974) to xprint (or xprint |
xprint-xorg if you want to keep a separate version) rather than
xprt-xprintorg ?

For my side, my current version of xprint (0.1.0.alpha1) is a prerelease
of the version in X.org 6.8.2.  There shouldn't be any significant
differences at this point, I expect, between the two.  I'm not quite
sure what the way forward for keeping just one version will be. Since
Xprint upstream is now also X.org upstream (Roland Mainz), it would make
sense to just build from X.org source in the future.  But on the other
hand, because of the modularisation process, it also makes sense to keep
xprint separate. The question is made more confusing since there is a
lot of unified code between the print (Xprint) and video (xserver)
servers.  I've asked upstream to clarify what the future plans are.

Drew Parsons